7 September 2007
It’s a public holiday here today because of a pointless political gab-fest costing $300 million and achieving nothing more than a few pandas on loan. Thumping helicopters and wailing sirens every time GWB leaves his hotel are not improving the serenity. So in keeping with my mood of cynical political grumpiness, today’s Friday Five contains some food for thought:
- Germaine Greer on patchwork
- Justin Jin on clothing factories in China
- Garment workers in Bangladesh
- Fashion and Pollution (via Nichola)
- (In the interests of reducing consumption, there are only four links in today’s friday five.)
Cheerful craft-related posting will resume tomorrow. The picture is a budding nemisia flower.