i am growling…
28 October 2007
- my neighbours had a party last night and their taste in music is both loud and banal.
- daylight saving has taken an hour out of my weekend.
- I tried to buy a bra today and could not find one that wasn’t padded; and why the hell don’t all the lingerie shops just put a big sign out front saying “hey lady! no matter who you are your boobs are the wrong shape! yes! you need to buy our padded strap-on foam boobs or your boobs will cause the end of civilisation as we know it!“
- said bra shopping expedition meant going into a shopping centre, and I don’t go into shopping centres much any more, and I seem to have lost my immunity to them because it made me feel v e r y-v e r y-t e n s e.
- the skirt I’ve been making is too big and not A-line enough and is going to have to be unpicked and re-cut.
- I can never ever get sleeves on a home sewn top to sit properly – they always lift up the whole top when I raise my arm and I don’t know if this is just me or something wrong with the pattern and I don’t know how to fix it.
- it’s almost impossible to buy moisturiser with sunscreen in it, which when you live in the country with the highest rate of skin cancer in the world would seem kind of obvious; and companies are allowed to sell ‘anti-ageing’ moisturisers without sunscreen in them, when all the evidence points to the fact that UV is the single biggest cause of skin damage.
On the other hand, I did make quite a nice apple cake yesterday. Let’s contemplate its beauty, and maybe the crankiness will go away.
An ordinary butter cake, with 1 teaspoon of mixed spice added with the flour; topped with three chopped apples and sprinkled with a tablespoon of sugar and another 2 teaspoons of spice.